I started this site as a resource to pastors and church leaders who might want more background on the words of Scripture. There’s so much Bible, it can be exhausting to go through commentaries, dictionaries and word lists. I’m hoping that by collating this work – and providing a few notes along the way – I can help reduce the stress of preparing to preach. This site will include word studies for the lectionary passages one week before they are due to be preached.
There’s so much Bible, and so little time…
But when there’s so little time, there’s So Much Bible!
On the creative side, I also write plays for use in worship, which are biblically grounded and full of humor. We’ve enjoyed presenting these in worship, with adults and children alike, and I’m happy to offer them for others to use.
Everything on this site is licensed through Creative Commons – which means that, as long as you attribute me (Rev. Elana Keppel Levy) and don’t sell my work, you’re welcome to use it in your context, and modify it as you like.
Lectionary Texts for Next Sunday
- Ruth 1:1-18“where you go, I will go” Ordinary B49 October 31, 2021
- Psalm 146“I will praise the Lord as long as I live” Ordinary B49 October 31, 2021
- Deuteronomy 6:1-9“the Lord is our God, the Lord alone” Ordinary B49 October 31, 2021
- Psalm 119:1-8“o that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes” Ordinary B49 October 31, 2021
- Hebrews 9:11-14“a high priest of the good things that have come” Ordinary B49 October 31, 2021
- Mark 12:28-34“which commandment is the first of all?” Ordinary B49 October 31, 2021
- 1 Kings 5:1-5 & 8:1-13“the cherubim spread out their wings over the place of the ark” Narrative Lectionary October 31, 2021
- John 2:19-21“destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up” Narrative Lectionary October 31, 2021
- Isaiah 25:6-9“the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food” All Saints’ Day B November 1, 2021
- Psalm 24“lift up your heads, O gates!” All Saints’ Day B November 1, 2021
- Revelation 21:1-6a“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end” All Saints’ Day B November 1, 2021