I started this site as a resource to pastors and church leaders who might want more background on the words of Scripture. There’s so much Bible, it can be exhausting to go through commentaries, dictionaries and word lists. I’m hoping that by collating this work – and providing a few notes along the way – I can help reduce the stress of preparing to preach. This site will include word studies for the lectionary passages one week before they are due to be preached.
There’s so much Bible, and so little time…
But when there’s so little time, there’s So Much Bible!
On the creative side, I also write plays for use in worship, which are biblically grounded and full of humor. We’ve enjoyed presenting these in worship, with adults and children alike, and I’m happy to offer them for others to use.
Everything on this site is licensed through Creative Commons – which means that, as long as you attribute me (Rev. Elana Keppel Levy) and don’t sell my work, you’re welcome to use it in your context, and modify it as you like.
Lectionary Texts for Next Sunday
- Malachi 3:1-4“he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver” Advent C2 December 5, 2021
- Luke 1:68-79“the dawn from on high will break upon us” Advent C2 December 5, 2021
- Philippians 1:3-11“I thank my God every time I remember you” Advent C2 December 5, 2021
- Luke 3:1-6“the voice of one crying out in the wilderness” Advent C2 December 5, 2021
- Ezekiel 37:1-14“Mortal, can these bones live?” Narrative Lectionary 414 December 5, 2021
- John 11:25-26“Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life'” Narrative Lectionary 414 December 5, 2021
- Genesis 17:15-22“o that Ishmael might live in your sight” A Women’s Lectionary 2 December 5, 2021
- Psalm 78:1-7“we will tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord” A Women’s Lectionary 2 December 5, 2021
- Romans 8:18-25“the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God” A Women’s Lectionary 2 December 5, 2021
- Luke 1:39-45“when Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leaped in her womb” A Women’s Lectionary 2 December 5, 2021