I started this site as a resource to pastors and church leaders who might want more background on the words of Scripture. There’s so much Bible, it can be exhausting to go through commentaries, dictionaries and word lists. I’m hoping that by collating this work – and providing a few notes along the way – I can help reduce the stress of preparing to preach. This site will include word studies for the lectionary passages one week before they are due to be preached.
There’s so much Bible, and so little time…
But when there’s so little time, there’s So Much Bible!
On the creative side, I also write plays for use in worship, which are biblically grounded and full of humor. We’ve enjoyed presenting these in worship, with adults and children alike, and I’m happy to offer them for others to use.
Everything on this site is licensed through Creative Commons – which means that, as long as you attribute me (Rev. Elana Keppel Levy) and don’t sell my work, you’re welcome to use it in your context, and modify it as you like.
Lectionary Texts for Next Sunday
- Psalm 8“what are human beings that you are mindful of them?” Ordinary B45 October 3, 2021
- Job 1:1 & 2:1-10“shall we receive the good at the hand of God and not receive the bad?” Ordinary B45 October 3, 2021
- Psalm 26“o Lord, I love the house in which you dwell” Ordinary B45 October 3, 2021
- Genesis 2:18-24“this at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh” Ordinary B45 October 3, 2021
- Hebrews 1:1-4 & 2:5-12“we do see Jesus, who for a little while was made lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor” Ordinary B45 October 3, 2021
- Mark 10:2-16“whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it” Ordinary B45 October 3, 2021
- Exodus 2:23-25 & 3:1-15 & 4:10-17“the bush was blazing yet it was not consumed” Narrative Lectionary October 3, 2021
- John 8:58“before Abraham was, I am” Narrative Lectionary October 3, 2021