I started this site as a resource to pastors and church leaders who might want more background on the words of Scripture. There’s so much Bible, it can be exhausting to go through commentaries, dictionaries and word lists. I’m hoping that by collating this work – and providing a few notes along the way – I can help reduce the stress of preparing to preach. This site will include word studies for the lectionary passages one week before they are due to be preached.
There’s so much Bible, and so little time…
But when there’s so little time, there’s So Much Bible!
On the creative side, I also write plays for use in worship, which are biblically grounded and full of humor. We’ve enjoyed presenting these in worship, with adults and children alike, and I’m happy to offer them for others to use.
Everything on this site is licensed through Creative Commons – which means that, as long as you attribute me (Rev. Elana Keppel Levy) and don’t sell my work, you’re welcome to use it in your context, and modify it as you like.
Lectionary Texts for Next Sunday
- Psalm 34“the Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit” All Saints’ A49 November 1, 2020
- Revelation 7:9-17“the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd” All Saints’ Day A49 November 1, 2020
- 1 John 3:1-3“see what love the Father has given us” All Saints’ Day A49 November 1, 2020
- Matthew 5:1-12“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness” All Saints’ Day A49 November 1, 2020
- Joshua 3:7-17“the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth is going to pass before you into the Jordan” Ordinary A49 November 1, 2020
- 1 Thessalonians 2:9-13“lead a life worthy of God, who calls you into God’s own kingdom and glory” Ordinary A49 November 1, 2020
- Matthew 23:1-12“the greatest among you will be your servant” Ordinary A49 November 1, 2020
- Micah 3:5-12“it shall be night to you, without vision, and darkness to you, without revelation” Ordinary A49 November 1, 2020